I was born and raised in St. Louis, MO. Most of my wonderful family still lives there. I have more than 40 cousins, three of the most loving grandparents in the world and a mother who doubles as my best friend. My dad passed away when I was 14 from skin cancer but he left me with two little half-brothers who are two of the most amazing children (teenagers now agh!) that I’ve ever met.
I went to an all girls high school which is fairly common in St. Louis. I wouldn’t change it for the world. It was a blast and brushing your hair was optional. My favorite class was English.
I chose to go to The Ohio State University for college because I knew the size would challenge me (and it did!) At a school that large (almost 64,000 students!) I had to learn to fend for myself pretty quick. I majored in journalism and minored in news production and analysis. I had thought-provoking and stimulating teachers at Ohio State. The Lantern, OSU’s student multi-media newspaper, was an honor to be a part of. Oh, I guess the football games were pretty fun too. Go Bucks! Now I can add 2014 national champs! What a thrill.
Some fun facts
- I was a competitive Irish Dancer from age 9 to, well, now. I traveled and competed in Ireland at least nine times. I also competed all over the U.S., Scotland and England. I finished competing in November 2012 but while living in Bend, decided what the heck? What’s one more? I also teach Irish Dance to some wonderful young girls and ladies ages 5 to 18.
- My dog is my best gal pal. Her name is Mila Coonis the Redtick Coonhound. I rescued her from a shelter my senior year of college. She has more energy than any dog should. She keeps me young… or is slowly killing me. I can’t tell.
- The St. Louis Cardinals are my favorite sports team. I was at game 7 of The World Series when they won in 2011.
- My favorite place I’ve been to is Prague and I can speak conversational Czech. My grandpa’s family is Czech. Jak se mas!
- I am an avid hiker and the outdoors are a really important part of my life. Climbing South Sister this past summer was one of the best experiences of my life. 10,358 ft. of elevation!
While I think of more things I want you to know about me, I have a request. If you have any news tips, stories, or concerns please go to my contact page and let me know! I’m here to tell your story.